Sample Wellness Plan
My Wellness Vision
- Being vigorous and youthful
- Being a great role model for my family
- Being at my best energy at least 50% of the time
- Being as physically active as long as I can
- Making weight management and stress management part of my everyday life
My main motivators are to set a great example for my children and to feel physically strong and energetic so that I can handle my life’s demands.
My main obstacles are my long hours and heavy demands of my career as a corporate executive.
My strategies to overcome my obstacles are to schedule my exercise routines and relaxation activities on Sundays for the following week, and to shorten those activities (rather than miss them) when I hit crunch times.
Three Month Goals (doing consistently three months from now)
- Do aerobic exercise at an intense level 3 times per week for 30 minutes.
- Do strength training 2 times per week for 15 minutes.
- Make nutritious choices at restaurants 4/5 times per week when I’m dining out at lunch and dinner, in order to lose 5-10 pounds.
- Reduce wine consumption from 2 glasses daily to 2 glasses 4 days per week.
- Do a relaxation activity with my wife or children two times per week for at least 30 minutes.
My First Week’s Goals
- I will do two aerobic routines on my treadmill for 20 minutes at a moderate intensity on Monday and Thursday morning at 6 am.
- I will do a strength-training routine for 15 minutes on Saturday morning at 9 am.
- I will work (play) in the garden with my wife for 30 minutes on Sunday.
- I will limit my wine intake to 2 glasses on 5 days this week (no wine on Mondays and Tuesdays).
- I will select a salad with low-fat protein for lunch (no bread or French fries) 3/5 workdays.
- I will keep a food and exercise log for 3 days to track my food intake and help identify other areas for improvement.
Are You Ready?
Contact Coach Ken at to schedule your first coaching session.