Triathlon Coaching Services
Coach Ken Johnson offers a variety of individual, group, and electronic triathlon training. These options include:
RecPlex Individual and Group Training
For information on individual and group triathlon training at the LakeView RecPlex, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin, please see our RecPlex Triathlon Coaching page.
About 3-Fitness Training Plans
There are a lot of training plans on the web. What makes our plans different? Well, they is tailored to YOU. Plans will be based upon your age, current level of fitness, and the races you plan on doing this season. It will not be a "one size fits all" plan, or one for a 23-year old with 5% body fat who has 25 hours a week to train (unless that is you). Using the concept of periodization, and A-B-C priority races, we will plan out your training and racing schedule. For each week you will see what workouts you need to do for strength training, swimming, biking, and running.
Annual Training Plans
$150 / 3-month plan*
$225 / 6 month plan*
$255 / 9 month plan*
$290 / 12 month plan*
* includes $75 set-up fee due prior to the assessment and consultation process
Online Training Log
One time fee; minor changes only in plan during the year, subject to coach availability1
E-mail consultation with coach
1-on-1 Skills Training
(Lake & McHenry counties IL, Kenosha county WI)
Specific date, time, and location will be agreed upon between coach and athlete.
Please contact Coach Ken for other locations and pricing.
What's Including in Training Plans
All plans include
- Prioritized Race Schedule
- Swim, Bike, & Run Training Zones, along with alternatives to heart rate monitoring
- Specific workouts for each day of the plan, with training time/distance and intensity
- Initial Assessment (review of PARQ & medical history, review of training background, review of race schedule)
- Consultation and agreement of training goals and outcomes
- Access to personalized online training plan and log
- Calculation of heart rate training zones based on multiple criteria
Training plans are provided online, along with a training and nutrition log for each athlete. The online system includes:
- Optional e-mail delivery of daily workouts
- Actual workouts can be entered manually or uploaded from a variety of devices such as Garmin, Polar, and Timex
- Compare planned vs. actual duration or distance
- Calculate speed/pace, resting metabolic rate, average daily caloric expenditure, calories per activity, and more
- Track nutrition, including calories, protein/carbohydrates/fat, and fiber
- Create your own bike and run routes, use routes provided by the coach, or access hundreds of published routes
- Track wellness metrics, including blood pressure, heart rate, percentage of body fat, weight, hours slept, and overall soreness, fatigue, and stress
Once you are set up, the Training Log is yours to use for as long as you would like. Even when coaching ends, you will still have access to your online log and data.
A Premium version of the training log is available at a discount for those interested. The premium account includes:
- Detailed race tracking
- Plan future workouts and meals
- Exclusive content libraries
- Access to and customization of specialized reporting pods
- Mobile version
- No advertising banners
1 if you are interested in on-going monthly coaching, please contact Coach Ken at for information and pricing.