Chicagoland Trek & Danskin Women's Triathlons Training
Train Where You Race!
Ladies - join the fastest growing segment of new triathletes, that of women. Our 10-11 week courses will prepare you for Chicagoland Trek Women's Triathlon and the Danskin Triathlon, both at Pleasant Prairie, WI. Even if you've never swum in a lake, ridden a bike more than a few miles, or even run a mile, we'll train your body and mind to complete the race with a smile on your face!
All Trek and Danskin Triathlon Training is offered through the RecPlex, host facility for both the 2009-2011 Chicagoland Trek Women's Triathlon and the 2003-2011 Chicagoland Danskin Triathlon, in Pleasant Prairie, WI.
- Trek Women's Triathlon Training Program - Beginner will be held on Saturdays, 7:30-9:30am, starting April 30, 2011
- Trek Women's Triathlon Training Program - Intermediate/Advanced will be held on Sundays, 7:00-9:00am, starting May 1
- Danskin Triathlon Training Program - Beginner will be held on Saturdays, 10:00am-Noon, June 11 through August 13
- Danskin Triathlon Training Program - Intermediate/Advanced will be held on Sundays, 7:00-9:00am, Jun 12 through Aug 14
All Trek & Danskin Triathlon Training Class Participants Will Receive
- Weekly group workouts in a fun and supportive environment with other women doing the race
- Written training plan and informative lectures
- Coaching by USA Triathlon certified coach and triathlete Ken Johnson
- Train on the actual race course: open water swims in Lake Andrea, rides on the bike course, and runs on the run course
- Open Water Swim Clinic with professional triathlete Lauren Jensen (free for those those enrolled in the Trek and Pleasant Prairie training classes)
- Invitation to our exclusive pre-race dinner where you'll find out the lastest details on the race
Train with the USAT Certified Coach that has been at the race location since 2005, and is employed by the host facility. You will get a better overview of the course and the race than from someone who perhaps comes to the race site one time before the race date. Train with someone who is there year-round, and knows all the race tips and traps.
Multiple Options to Meet the Needs of All Triathletes
- Our Beginning Trek and Danskin training classes are for those doing their first triathlon.
- Our Intermediate Trek and Danskin training classes are for women who wish to improve their performance and time at the race, or who have experience in multisport.
- June Open Water Swim Clinic led by Professional Triathlete Lauren Jensen. Both Beginning and Intermediate/Advanced clinics are offered.
- The Pre-race Open Water Swim Workouts, which give athletes the opportunity to review and practice triathlon open water swim skills in Lake Andrea the three Tuesdays before the race.
- Weekly cross-lake swims where you will swim the actual triathlon swim course across the lake, with lifeguard support.
I didn't get a chance to see you on Sunday after the race, but have the same sentiments as everyone else – I could NOT have done this without you and your excellent preparation in the class. I felt so prepared and because of that, extra confident that I had all the right equipment, knew exactly what to expect and had the right training.
H.G., Trek Triathlon Training Class
Additional Trek Triathlon and Danskin Traithlon clinics are offered by Coach Ken. See the Clinic page for details and the schedule.
See what our class participants are saying about Coach Ken and our Trek Triathlon and Danskin Triathlon Training Classes.